Consular Processing

Our Services

Schedule Consultation with Our Immigration Lawyer

We can help you to bring your family member into the United States from abroad. Our team will diligently handle all aspects of your consular processing application. 

What is Consular Processing?

Consular processing is one of the ways to apply for a permanent resident (green card) through the U.S. Embassy or consulate. If you are outside the United States or ineligible for adjustment of status you can apply for an immigrant visa at the consular post, the U.S. Embassy, or the consulate in a foreign country. Sometimes, applicants prefer to apply for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy for strategic and convenience reasons. Visit Steps for Consular Processing for detailed instructions. 

Green Card through Consular Processing

Once the employment-based (I-140) or family-based (I-130) immigrant petition is approved, USCIS will forward the immigrant petition along with all supporting documents to the National Visa Center for further processing. The National Visa Center will contact you and the petitioner regarding payment of the immigrant visa fee and affidavit of support fees.

After you pay all required fees, the National Visa Center will send you the Immigrant Visa Application form along with instructions on how to complete the application. You will be required to provide your personal information, information about members of your family, employment, travel history, etc. The forms must be completed accurately and require supporting documents. Therefore, we recommend you contact Feduniak Law Firm, our knowledge and experience will help you to accurately complete the application and collect all necessary documents.

Once the application is complete, the National Visa Center will send your case to the U.S. Embassy in a foreign country and will issue a notice with detailed information about the date of your interview and instructions for the medical exam. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your application and supporting documents. You will have 6 months to come to the United States if your immigrant visa is issued.