Our Services

Contact a Fiancé Visa Attorney

We will be happy to assist you in bringing your loved one into the United States for subsequent marriage. Contact us to schedule a consultation.

What is K-1 or FIANCÉ VISA?

K-1 or Fiancé visa allows a foreigner to travel to the United States solely for the purpose to marry a United States citizen. A petitioner who is a U.S. citizen must marry his/her foreign spouse within 90 days, otherwise, the foreign spouse will need to leave the country. It is important to highlight that approval of the fiancé visa does not mean that you were granted permanent resident status. To obtain a green card after the fiancé visa, your spouse will need to file an Application for Adjustment of Status on your behalf. 

What are the Requirements for a Fiancé Visa?

We would like to highlight that a U.S. sponsor and foreign partner must satisfy all requirements for the Fiancé visa, if not, the visa might be denied. The U.S. sponsor must satisfy the following requirements to sponsor a foreign partner:

  1. Be a U.S. Citizen
  2. To be able to marry which means that the U.S. sponsor must be single or legally divorced
  3. Be financially able to sponsor a foreign partner
  4. Met with an intended foreign partner within 2 years of filing the petition.
  5. Have the intention to marry within 90 days of the arrival of the foreign partner

The same requirements apply to a foreign partner, but the foreign partner cannot commit any crimes that would restrict his/her entry into the United States.

How to Get a Fiancé Visa?

  1. Once all requirements are satisfied, the U.S. sponsor can file Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)) with the USCIS
  2. After the Petition is approved, it will be forwarded to the U.S. embassy in the country where a foreign partner resides
  3. The foreign partner will be required to complete the application, take the medical exam, and complete the background check
  4. Attend the Interview at the U.S. Embassy
  5. Travel to the United States
  6. Marry a U.S. citizen partner within 90 days of arrival
  7. File Application for Adjustment of Status